Nowadays, people tend to keep all their photos, music, documents, and other files in one place which is either a smartphone or a laptop. As soon as it goes missing, a huge problem occurs since you lose so many memorabilia. Moreover, you need to remember which apps and programs were installed and get them back on the new device.
However, it doesn’t have to be so hard and complicated. You can simply back up your data and restore everything on any device you need. Let’s find out how it’s possible and what else you need to know before you try this.
Avast has a solution for you
Anyone can use Avast Internet Security review in order to keep everything stored in a virtual cloud. It takes a few simple steps but keeps your information safe and all in one place. If you wish to back up the photos, contacts, and other information from your device, you should take the following steps:
- Download and install Mobile Backup & Restore. In case you use an Android device, it’s very easy to get the app from Google Play. However, it’s also available on the official website.
- Run the app and set up Google Drive. This is very easy as you simply follow the steps and insert the needed information.
- Select the files you wish to back up. Here you need to decide what exactly you will store. If you only need to save contacts, SMS or calls, you can use a free version. However, if you need to save other files, you should upgrade to premium. This version can back up audio, video files and well as photos and apps.
- As soon as you select everything you need, you press Continue and adjust some other options. For example, this is the step when you decide whether to use Wi-Fi only (and same mobile traffic) or do it right now regardless of the type of Internet connection. When you are done, press Finish.
- That’s it. Very easy. Now you just press on the dark square and the backup process begins.
Now the information will be stored for as long as you need. Once you get a new device, you simply install the app again, sing in, and press Restore All.
As you see, the company offers two versions. As usual, the free option is very limited and has its peculiarities. In case you need more features and possibilities, you’ll have to upgrade to the premium version.
An important thing you should know
Avast has recently stopped supporting the app. If you still have the old version, you can probably use it. In case you don’t, there are many other simple ways to back up your data. In addition, you can definitely do the same process without this app at all. Just get the Google Drive and create a folder to store the files you need. Mind that it’ll be a bit different since the cloud stores only certain files and doesn’t copy your smartphone’s data completely. On the other hand, it’ll be a great way to keep your memories from trips or important events safe.
Just the fact that Mobile Backup app is discontinued doesn’t mean you’ll lose the data you backed up earlier. If you have any issues, contact the support team.